LGBTRC Volunteer Program
Volunteering for the LGBTQ Center is an excellent opportunity to become aware of issues of heterosexism, sexism, transphobia, biphobia, racism, classism and other forms of oppression. The Center is designed to educate, advocate and provide support services for the achievement of social justice at the University of North Florida and within the community at large.
- Serve as peer helper/mentor.
- Provide tours of the LGBTRC to visitors.
- Attend volunteer meetings as requested.
- Represent the LGBTQ Center at meetings and events.
- Assist in the development of programs and event.
- Organize materials for outreach programs and events.
- Assist in researching topics related to LGBTQ identities.
- Provide resources and referral tools to students in need of extra support.
- Assist in maintaining our resource library, revising printed and online materials.
- Serve as first point of contact for students, faculty, staff and community members.
- Perform administrative duties including answering phones and checking e-mail.
- Participate in Speakers' Bureau trainings and panel presentations as appropriate.
- Must attend a training and orientation session.
- Must agree to treat others with respect and dignity.
- Must be committed to diversity, social justice, and inclusion.
- Must be an enrolled student at the University of North Florida.
- Must have a firm understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Must be willing to serve as a resource to the LGBTQ and UNF campus community.
Everyone is welcome to get involved! We welcome all volunteers. To volunteer, please call us at (904) 620-4720, visit the UNF LGBTQ Center office located in Student Union East, room 1111 by the Game Room, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.