Support the LGBTQ Center
Your support will ensure that the UNF LGBTQ Center continues its commitment to advocacy, equality, respect and support for LGBT students, faculty, and staff. See below the list below for different ways you can show your support.
Attend Center Events
Attend events when you can, and make sure to spread the word. Stay up-to-date by joining the e-newsletter! Attending events shows your support of LGBTQIA and Ally students and provides opportunities for connection and networking. Click here to see current events.
Create Impactful Events and Programs
Cash and in-kind donations benefit LGBTQIA and Ally students at UNF by providing meaningful education, programming and events on campus on topics like gender, sexuality, diversity, social justice and cultural competency.
Examples of LGBTQ Center Programming include:
- Nationally recognized speakers and performers like Rea Carey (Executive Director, National LGBTQ Task Force), Ian Harvie (transgender comedian), Rev. Macarthur Flournoy (Human Rights Campaign), and Mary Lambert (musician)
- Professional development and training for faculty, staff and students
- Lavender Graduation Ceremony
- Club Can-Do Mentoring Program and LGBTQIA Speakers Bureau
- Panel Discussions and Networking events
- Movie screening film rights
- Support and social groups
Examples of in-kind donations:
- Event photography and video production
- Food/catering and refreshments
- Printing of posters, fliers, and invitations
- T-shirts and promotional items
- Providing us with resources for our food pantry
Support Student Scholarship and Learning
Conference travel and registration grants
Conferences provide students the opportunity to present their scholarly and activist work to peers and professionals. Conferences also provide opportunities for supplemental and extracurricular learning opportunities, connections between classroom learning and professional pursuits and valuable networking and leadership opportunities.
Full-time student scholarships
Help a full-time student support their studies. Scholarships help pay for tuition, fees and book costs
Part-time student scholarships
Part-time students are under-served in the realm of scholarships and aid opportunities. Many part-time students support themselves independently through full-time work. Help a part-time student cover tuition, fees and book costs.
Graduate Student Assistantship
Graduate Assistantships provide paid professional experience to graduate students while they focus on an LGBT-related project at UNF. These positions also cover tuition for two courses.
Build the Resource Library
The LGBTQ Center offers a library of more than 500 books, DVD's and videos related to gender, sexual orientation and the LGBT community. The materials are available for checkout to UNF students, faculty and staff for up to two weeks for books
and one week for DVDs. The Center welcomes donations of new and gently used books, magazines and academic journals, DVD's and CD's.