Building Bridges, Creating Community LGBTQ Center Fundraiser
This year's LGBTQ Center's annual Building Bridges, Creating Community fundraising, will take place on Friday, December 10, 2021 at The Garden Club. This year's theme is Winter Ball!
This event raises funds for the LGBTQ Center, to fund support educational programs, student support, scholarships, and leadership development that spread awareness and knowledge about LGBTQ issues, people, and experiences.
Tickets will be available soon.
2020's Building Bridges Creating Community Virtual Event
For more information on the LGBTQ Center, please contact:
2021 Building Bridges Creating Community Event
If you would like to sponsor the 2021 Building Bridges Creating Community event of if have any questions regarding donations to the Center, please contact:
Kathleen M. Leone, M.Ed., CFRE
Director of Development for Academic & Student Affairs
C: 904.874.1425 E: email@example.com
2020 Building Bridges Sponsors
Thank You to Our Sponsors
UNF established the LGBTQ Center in 2006 to provide a much-needed safe space for LGBTQ students. Over the past decade, it has far surpassed UNF’s vision for LGBTQ support, education, and resources with a commitment to equality and respect for all people. This is thanks to the longtime support of community members and their dedicated staff. What did we accomplish with your help?
- UNF ranked in the Top 50 LGBT-friendly Colleges and Universities – in the nation!
- UNF ranked as #1 of LGBTQ Friendly Colleges and Universities in the State of Florida & #8 in the south!
- Certified over 300 faculty and staff as allies through the Safe Space: LGBT Identities cultural competency training program
- Brought the first “out” transgender artist to MOCA Jacksonville, a cultural institute of UNF
- Launched a community-based LGBTQ student mentoring program with support from the LGBT Community Fund for Northeast Florida, The Weaver Philanthropic Initiative, and Michael Miller
- Increased LGBTQ visibility through Enrollment Services webinars and targeted recruitment of LGBT students
Here at UNF, we believe in developing the best citizens and leaders for our community. We need your help so that we can continue to lead, educate, and advocate for a world that welcomes, supports, and invests in LGBT people. We can’t do it without you! If you would like any further information, please contact Kathleen Leone, (904) 620-1838 / C: 904.874.1425 firstname.lastname@example.org.