Also known as: Video Conferencing
Zoom is a video and web conferencing service that can be used to host search committee interviews, meetings large or small, and webinars. It works with Macs, Windows and mobile devices. Zoom provides remote conferencing services using cloud computing that combines video conferencing, online meetings, chat, and collaboration. Anyone can join your meeting, including those not affiliated with the University of North Florida.
Use Zoom by heading to https://unf.zoom.us/ and selecting the “Sign In” button.
Zoom privacy, FERPA and public records considerations
- High-quality video, audio, screen sharing with a stable connection for up to 100 participants
- Chat, polling, presence indicators, and break-out rooms
- Display up to 25 video windows per screen
- One click to start or join meetings
- All features available on desktops/laptops and mobile devices
Join the Zoom Professional Training team for a Zoom Meetings for Education Webinar focusing on the following topics:
- How to download the Zoom applications and join a Zoom meeting
- How to schedule a meeting and send out invitations
- Overview of In-meeting controls and Virtual Classroom tools
Videos to help students and teachers get up and running with Zoom: