Also known as: Video Conferencing
Zoom is a video and web conferencing service that can be used to host search committee interviews, meetings large or small, and webinars. It works with Macs, Windows and mobile devices. Zoom provides remote conferencing services using cloud computing that combines video conferencing, online meetings, chat, and collaboration. Anyone can join your meeting, including those not affiliated with the University of North Florida.
Use Zoom by heading to https://unf.zoom.us/ and selecting the “Sign In” button.
Zoom privacy, FERPA and public records considerations
Starting September 27, Zoom will require that all meetings have a Passcode or a Waiting Room option enabled. If your meetings already have either of these features in place, there will be no change to your meetings. For previously scheduled meetings with neither option selected, a Waiting Room will be automatically enabled. Meetings scheduled on or after September 27 will have a passcode applied automatically and embedded into the meeting link. Refer to the Zoom FAQ page for more information.
- High-quality video, audio, screen sharing with a stable connection for up to 300 participants
- Chat, polling, presence indicators, and break-out rooms
- Display up to 25 video windows per screen
- One click to start or join meetings
- All features available on desktops/laptops and mobile devices
Join the Zoom Professional Training team for a Zoom Meetings for Education Webinar focusing on the following topics:
- How to download the Zoom applications and join a Zoom meeting
- How to schedule a meeting and send out invitations
- Overview of In-meeting controls and Virtual Classroom tools
Videos to help students and teachers get up and running with Zoom: