Email Forwarding For Retirees and Faculty Emeritus
The University of North Florida (UNF) will provide email forwarding services to retiring faculty and staff according to the following guidelines:
- Retirees can have a new address set up in the format of their original UNF email with the extension of @retirees.unf.edu. (ex. O.Osprey@unf.edu becomes O.Osprey@retirees.unf.edu).
- The service is provided on request. The request must be made in advance of employee’s final day of work by completing an ITS Request (ITSR). The ITS Request must include a personal email address to which e-mail can be forwarded.
- The retiree's original UNF email address ending in @unf.edu will no longer be active (ex. O.Osprey@unf.edu will not received mail. New mail will be captured by O.Osprey@retirees.unf.edu and forwarded to a personal email address).
- The service is available to faculty and staff (A&P and USPS) of the university that officially retire (i.e., receive FRS or ORP pension benefits) on or after June 1, 2003. The service is not retroactive and thus does not include employees who retired prior to that date. Only employees that retire from UNF are eligible. OPS employees are not eligible.
- The service provided is email forwarding only. There is no email storage space allocated. It is assumed that the retiree has a personal e-mail address to which email can be forwarded. Exception: Emeritus faculty may continue email storage space on a UNF server if they so desire.
- Retirees agree to be subject to applicable university rules and policies regarding computer use and to comply with applicable federal and state laws. The service may be terminated for violations of any of the above.
- No additional services such as use of network facilities or Internet access are implied nor are they included.
- Retirees email addresses will not be included in any global distribution lists such as all-faculty, all-a&p, or all-usps.
- Retirees may view University online communication through Osprey Update.