Academic Program Control
FloridaShines is the Florida Virtual Campus (www.floridashines.org). UNF uses FloridaShines for degree programs. UNF must provide current programs for which students may view degree evaluations.
UNF Administrative Applications Menu
Academic Program Control
This application provides a mechanism for maintaining the UNF Admissions Application and FloridaShines Degree program files.
- The College field contains the college code for each UNF program.
- The Major field contains the major code for each UNF program.
- The Concentration field contains the concentration code for each UNF program.
- The Degree field contains the degree code for each UNF program.
- The Program field contains the program code for each UNF program.
- The Campus field contains the campus code for each UNF program.
- The Title field contains the description of each UNF program. The title is displayed to the UNF Admission Application and FloridaShines user in all lists that reference UNF programs. The titles must be unique.
- The Advising field indicates whether to include the program in the file transmitted to FloridaShines for Advising. Values: Y = yes, N = no.
- The Admissions field indicates whether to include the program in the UNF Admission Application. Values: Y = yes, N = no.
- The Program CIP is automatically populated from the Major, Minor, Concentration Code Validation (STVMAJR).
- The Prerequisite CIP field is used to override the program CIP field. If a CIP exists in this field then it is used instead of the program CIP.
- The More Information field determines what action will be taken when a student clicks the "more information" link associated with a program. "A" indicates a blank degree audit will be shown. "U" indicates a web page will be shown. This appears as Audit/URL on the main screen.
- The Limited Access field indicates if the program is limited access. Values: Y = yes, N = no.
- The CIP Track field is the CIP Track field used for bachelors and AA degree programs as part of the 2+2 function. Values: 1-99.
- The Catalog field indicates if the program will be included in the extract for the online Catalog. Values: Y = yes, N = no.
- The Selective Admissions field indicates if the program is a selective admission program. Values: Y = yes, N = no.
- The Accelerated Program field indicates if the program is a 4+1 type program where the Bachelor's degree and Master's degree are awarded at the same time. Values: Y = yes, N = no.
- The Distance Learning field indicates if the program can be completed entirely by Distance Learning. Values: Y = yes, N = no.
- The Module Term field indicates if the program is offered in the module term format. Values: Y = yes, N = no.
- The Upper Level field indicates if the program is only offered to Upper Level students. Values: Y = yes, N = no.
- The First Display Term field contains the term where the program is first available on the application.
- The Fall, Spring and Summer fields indicate if an Admission Application is NOT accepted for the indicated term. Values: Y=Yes, Null.
- The Contact Email field is the contact email address for the program.
- The Program URL field specifies the Web address to use if the More indicator is set to U.
- The Admission Requirements field is used to describe any special Admission requirements for the program.
- Add New Programs: Captures any new programs that have been defined in Banner and adds them to the FloridaShines program files.
- Validate List: Checks all programs where the admissions or advising flags are Y to ensure titles are unique. Duplicated titles, if any, are indicated at the top of the page.
- Create Files: Creates a FloridaShines-ready advising file and places it on your Y drive. The file is named UNFadv.txt.
Intended Audience/Users: FloridaShines Program Administrator (update) and Advisors (query only)
Student Services Menu
FloridaShines Pin management
www.floridashines.org is Florida's official online student advising system! Some functions on the FloridaShines site require authentication using your UNF student number and a PIN. Student can use this application to manage their FloridaShines PIN. To change the PIN (password) for the FloridaShines website, the student would enter in a new PIN and again to verify the new pin in the spaces provided.
Intended Audience/Users: Students