Video Conferencing Tools for Telepresence Rooms
Cisco Webex offers industry-leading video and audio conferencing with screen sharing on any device. Cisco Webex can be used through the user's browser or downloaded to the user's computer by following the steps provided via the meeting invite by a faculty member or a Telepresence technician.
General features in using Cisco Webex includes:
- Joining and presenting from any meeting, event, or training session.
- Auto captioning is included in the recorded video.
- Seamless joining directly from your calendar or customizable widget.
- Schedule meetings or playback recordings directly from your app.
- Customizable video layouts.
- Share your screen or your files to anyone on the team messages, and screen sharing in a space is quick and simple.
- Chat messages where you can send important information via direct and team messages.
- Joining and scheduling a meeting with one click on any device.
- Whiteboard feature allows you to draw on your phone or any device, and share the interactive drawing in chat.
How to Use the Cisco Webex Commands from the Touch 10:
The dual-tone multifrequency (DTMF) keys on your video device provide a convenient way to mute or unmute participants, lock or unlock the meeting, and start or stop the meeting recording.
All participants can mute or unmute themselves but the other commands are available to the host only.
|Lock or unlock the meeting
|Mute or unmute yourself
How to Change the Cisco Webex Layouts from the Touch 10:
If you are using a video system to join or host a Cisco Webex meeting, there are several video layout options to choose from. The default video layout is Active Presence.
- Single: Only the active speaker is shown in one window.
- Active Presence: The active speaker in shown in one window, with up to 9 participants in thumbnails overlaid on the active speaker window.
- Prominent: The active speaker is shown in one window with up to 9 participants in thumbnails below the active speaker window.
- Grid: Up to 25 video attendees are shown in equally sized windows.
- 1+N: The active speaker, the largest video, and a maximum of 12 video attendees are shown. The display dynamically adapts to the meeting size by showing more users as they join.
To change your layout after joining the meeting, tap 2 or 8 on the keypad to toggle through the layout options.
More Information on Cisco Webex (Login may be required)
For additional Cisco Webex training, please go to this Cisco Webex web page.
Contact information to schedule and set up a Cisco Webex account:
Assistant Director Academic Technology
Office Phone: 904-620-5072
Cell Phone: 904-571-0482