New myWings Portal Replaces Old Portal at Noon on Thursday
The University will go live with the new myWings portal at 12 noon on Thursday, Aug. 16. At this time, the old myWings portal will no longer be available. The old portal has become unstable and can no longer be supported. The new portal, which has been available for use since May, features a modern look, search capabilities, a mobile app and the ability to customize the view. The new portal contains the same applications and systems that were available in the old portal. The search feature (upper left hand corner) will help you find what you need. Once logged in, you will immediately notice the differences.
What are some of the new features?
||Tiles - the portal uses tiles that you are able to arrange in a way that works best for you. You will notice from time to time that a number will appear in a tile or the tile turn yellow. The number indicates you have "action items" that need your attention and the yellow colored tile means they are important.
||Search - In the upper left hand corner is a search box (magnifier icon); simply type in what you need to find. Searching for your destination is much faster than clicking around for it.
Using the Search Feature
1. Select the icon in the upper left-hand corner of the portal
2. Type in the application you are looking for and select it from the menu
How Do I Get the New Mobile App for iOS (iPhone) or Android?
- First, if you have the old UNF Mobile app installed, you will need uninstall it. It is outdated and no longer supported.
- Next, go to your app store, search for "UNF Mobile" and download the app.
- Open the app and select "University Member" as your profile if you have an N Number (if you do not, select "Guest". Agree to the terms. Enter your UNF ID and passwords (the same thing you use for myWings).
4. That's all there is to it! Begin using the app just like you would use the new myWings portal with a web browser.