Moving files from N# folder to OneDrive for Mac
These steps will assist users with relocating files and folders saved in the UNF N-Number (N# folder, aka I: Drive) storage to Microsoft OneDrive for macOS.
Step by step instructions with screenshots
(login may be required)
- Sign in to OneDrive on your computer
- Open OneDrive folder on your computer and copy files to OneDrive
Sign in to OneDrive if you are not already signed in
Note: These steps should be performed on your UNF-assigned computer. If you are already signed in to OneDrive, move on to the 'Open OneDrive Folder On Your Computer' section below.
- Open the Applications Directory on your system and find the OneDrive application.
- Double Click OneDrive to Open. Setup OneDrive will open. Enter your UNF email using your Nfirstname.lastname@example.org, like email@example.com. Do not use your friendly alias. Select Sign In to continue.
- Select Work or School on the next screen.
- The UNF Login Page will be displayed. Enter your N# and Password and click Login
- You may be prompted to accept a Duo Multifactor login on your second factor device (mobile device or token). Accept the Duo login on your second factor device to continue.
- After signing in you will see a screen titled Your OneDrive Folder. This is the folder that OneDrive will use to hold files on your Mac that are synchronized with OneDrive in the cloud. The default option is the recommended option. Select Next to continue.
- After choosing your OneDrive folder location you will see a screen detailing Files On-Demand. Files On-Demand is a way to have quick access to your OneDrive files without using up lots of storage space on your Mac. Click Next to Continue.
- Your OneDrive Folder is now ready. Click the button labeled "Open My OneDrive…folder" to continue.
- Your Mac's OneDrive folder will be displayed. It will be blank to start
- Create a new folder in your OneDrive folder named something like "IDrive" or "Personal folder".
- Leave your OneDrive folder open and continue to the next section to move files from your N# folder to your OneDrive folder.
Access your N# folder from your Mac and Copy to OneDrive on your Mac
These steps require that you are connected to the UNF campus network. This can be done through establishing a VPN connection when working remotely or being connected to the On-Campus wired or wireless networks when working on campus.
- After connecting to the UNF network (VPN, Campus Wired or Wireless). Open the Go Menu from your Mac's Menu Bar and select Connect to Server.
- A 'Connect to Server' window will open. Enter the following server address:
- Click Connect to connect to the server
- You will be asked for a name and password to connect to the server. Enter your UNF N# and password. Click Connect to continue.
- After connecting you may see a list of shared resources from this server. Locate and highlight the 'Users' share and click Ok to access this server share.
- The Users share will be connected (mounted) from your Mac. A shortcut to this will be added to your Mac's desktop and can be also be found in the left-hand menu of the Finder under 'Locations'.
- Open the Users share using the desktop or finder shortcuts. You should see a single folder with your N# as its name listed. This is your N# folder located on UNF's OAK server.
- Open your N# folder to view your files and folders stored on UNF's legacy storage.
- The files in your N# folder can now be moved/copied to your OneDrive folder.
- Arrange the finder windows for your N# folder and your System's OneDrive folder so that both are visible:
- Select and then Drag/Drop the folders and files from your N# folder into your OneDrive Folder. The files from your N# folder will be moved into your OneDrive Folder.
Wait while the file transfer between your N# folder and OneDrive folder is complete. The transfer time may vary based on the number and size of files/folders being moved. If you are moving a large volume of files it is recommended that you break these into batches for transfer to avoid potential delays or disconnections.