Additional Technical Resources at UNF
There are several departments and committees on the UNF campus, in addition to ITS, that plan for and offer services related to information technology.
- Business Services provides support for duplication and copier technology, in addition to many other services.
- Center for Instruction & Research Technology (CIRT) is a faculty technology center that offers expertise, resources, and training to assist faculty in ways that enable them to develop greater capacities for using technology for teaching and research. CIRT also disseminates ideas, frameworks, and materials that apply pedagogical knowledge to the teaching and learning process.Instructors may make appointments for project work or visit for specialized training in Canvas, video capture, scanning, Web page design, and virtual Web tours, and more. Equipment such as laptops, cameras, or computer projectors are available for checkout.
- Center for Professional Development & Training (CPDT) offers numerous opportunities to learn about current information technology and applications.
- Continuing Education often offers classes in computer technology.
- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) provides a mechanism through which intellectual property developed at the University of North Florida is protected and promoted. Through marketing and licensing activities, the Division brings technology forward to public use and for the benefit of the inventor, the University, and the community.
- University Technology Committee (UTC) is a University committee that promotes the use of information technology (IT) in the instructional, research, and administrative activities of the University. It Identifies and recommends new and emerging IT-based services necessary in the fulfillment of the University’s mission. It provides advice and recommendations to the University’s administration and to Information Technology Services (ITS) concerning IT strategic directions, operating policies, and faculty and staff IT needs.