Introducing Two-factor Authentication (Powered by Duo)
Two-factor authentication is an extra layer of security for UNF applications designed to ensure that you're the only person who can access your account, even if someone knows your password.
After entering your UNF ID and password to access an application, you'll use your phone (or other device/option) to verify your identity. Then you'll be securely logged in.
What to know?
- Students, faculty and staff have two ways to enroll with two-factor authentication (powered by Duo):
- Enroll using an email they receive from Duo, a third party vendor.
- Enroll using a web page. View the steps.
- Alumni and parents will not receive an email from Duo and will need to enroll by following the steps on this web page.
- Don't wait to until the last minute to enroll. It is fine to register weeks or even months before you start using Duo for two-step authentication.
- When two-factor authentication is turned on for SSO applications, after logging into myWings and validating your identity using the Duo mobile app, if you go to other application in myWings such as Canvas, you won't need to validate again (as long as you are using the same browser window).
- Please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for additional information.