Tax Information for International Students and Scholars

The staff of the International Center are not experts on international tax matters. The international staff does not assist in the completion of individual income tax forms, and is unable to explain tax liability issues to international students, scholars or staff.  Each spring the International Center in conjunction with the Payroll office offers a tax workshop which provides basic information.  For more detailed information you may consult the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or a qualified tax consultant regarding your possible U.S. tax obligations. The IRS publishes a number of helpful information/instruction booklets, which are available through the IRS Tax Payer Assistance Service (toll free call 1-800-829-3676).  Additional information for international students and scholars can also be found at


General information and forms may be found at