Peace Corps - Prep Program
1. Be an undergraduate student.
2. Have at least three semesters to complete before graduation.
3. Be in good academic standing (GPA = 2.0 or above).
Steps for Applying:
1. Review the Peace Corps Prep Student Guide.
2. Download and complete the Peace Corps Prep Student Application.
3. Contact a Peace Corps Prep Advisor to submit the completed Application.
"I served as a HIV & Aids educator for 27 months of service in Kachikau, Botswana. I created a life skills program and taught 40+ young adults to teach life skills to younger generations. We held summer camps and were able to teach over 600 students from surrounding schools everything from HIV education to how to study for a test. My experience changed me forever and I would go back & do it again in a heartbeat." Kara O'Shaughnessy (BA, English, 2006)
Kara waiting on transportation back to her village after grocery shopping in the nearest village 50+ miles away.
Kara in Zambia, giving a lion a belly rub on a vacation with friends.