Skip to Main Content

International Students - J-1 Students


The Department of Homeland Security authorizes on-campus employment and off-campus practical work experience under certain circumstances for international students. Working without authorization is a serious violation of J-1 status.


Please note that if you are pursuing off-campus employment training or practical experience related to your program of study, you must apply for Academic Training to receive authorization.

On-Campus Employment

Off-Campus Employment/Internships