Skip to Main Content

International Students - F-1 Students

Employment & Practical Training Options for F-1 students

The Department of Homeland Security authorizes on-campus employment and off-campus practical work experience under certain circumstances for international students. All off-campus work must be authorized in advance by the International Center. Working without authorization is a serious violation of F-1 status

On-Campus Employment

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

Internship with an International Organization

Optional Practical Training (OPT)

OPT STEM Degree Extension

Cap-Gap Extension

Severe Economic Hardship Employment