Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship
Each February, the University of North Florida honors the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. with a scholarship luncheon. The event provides funding for a scholarship that is awarded to undergraduate students who have worked hard academically and have participated in campus and or community service. Each year, recipients receive a $1,000 scholarship to be used toward their UNF tuition so that they may enhance their academic and personal growth. All students who meet the eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
The deadline for the 2019 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship is Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019.
Applicants must be UNF Undergraduate students who fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Full-time (12 hours or more) student at UNF for Fall 2019
- UNF GPA 2.5 and above
- Active member of university and/or community organizations
- Recipients must be present at the 38th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship Luncheon on February 6, 2019
- All other eligibility requirements are outlined in the application packet
Applicants must submit the following with their completed Application Packet:
A 1-2 page typed page essay on how the life,
activities and teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. have influenced you.
Include specific actions you have taken that demonstrate your commitment to
helping others and serving your community.
- Two (2) letters of recommendations from UNF faculty or staff
- A resume that includes documented employment, activities and/or volunteer experiences with an affiliated UNF campus and/or community organization
For questions or concerns
about the scholarship application, contact Lorna Bautista, Office
Manager of the Intercultural Center Peace at 620-2475, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Building 2, Suite 2100.