The below information is taken from the University's policy on Hours of Work, Benefits and Leave Requirements (4.0120P).
- Annual leave is accrued and credited to your annual leave balance each pay period. You are able to see your updated annual leave balance via myWings on Tuesday of a pay week.
- Annual leave must be approved by the appropriate supervisor prior to use.
- Annual leave must be accrued prior to use.
- Annual leave can be used for any reason.
- Annual leave accrual rates are based on employee classes and years of service:
- Faculty and administrative employees earn 6.77 hours of annual leave per pay period.*
- Support staff employees with less than five years at UNF earn four hours of annual leave per pay period.*
- Support staff employees with at least five years, but less than 10 years at UNF earn five hours of annual leave per pay period.*
- Support staff employees with more than 10 years at UNF earn six hours of annual leave per pay period.*
- Leave can be accumulated to year-end maximums:
- Faculty and administrative employees: 352 hours.
- Support staff employees: 240 hours.
- Any annual leave in excess of the year-end maximums as of Dec. 31 will roll into the employee's sick leave balance, hour for hour.
- Any unused annual leave is paid out to the employee upon separation, up to the year-end maximums. Refer to the leave payouts page for more information.
- Employees may only use the amount of leave necessary to bring their total hours for the work week up to their contracted hours.
- An employee may be permitted to take unpaid leave in special circumstances. Generally, an employee will be required to exhaust accrued forms of paid leave (annual, sick, personal day, or comp, as applicable) prior to recording unpaid leave.
* The annual leave earning rates listed are for full-time (1.0 FTE) employees working 80 biweekly hours. The annual leave earning rate will be different for part-time employees and employees that do not work their entire biweekly hours. Contact the Office of Human Resources at (904) 620-2903 for more information on part-time annual leave accrual rates.