The official search record should contain all documents pertaining to the search.
search records, regardless of medium, are public record under
Florida’s Sunshine Law. The only exemption to search committee record
requirements is personal notes.
Search records do not need to include information recorded in OASys or personal notes. Minutes of the final search committee meeting
should reflect the rationale for any and all recommendations made. All
documents related to the search, including any e-mail communications, must be
provided to Human Resources when the search is completed. The official search
record should include a cover page with the position title, position number,
recruitment posting date, recruitment close date, and date filled.
Examples of search record documentation to include in the official search record:
- Information on advertising
- Recruitment letters
- E-mails to all applicants, references, etc.
- List of candidates invited for telephone interviews
- List of candidates invited for on-campus interviews
- Minutes of search committee meetings
- Letters of appointment
- Letters of rejections
- List of candidates and reason for non-selection