Reemployment Assistance (Unemployment)
Due to the University of North Florida transitioning to temporary remote work until further notice, some Administrative, Support, OPS and Student (excluding Federal Work Study) employees may not have work available to be done remotely. If this situation applies to you, you may be eligible to receive reemployment assistance, which provides temporary wage replacement (unemployment benefits) to eligible individuals who are out of work through no fault of their own. Please visit Florida Reemployment Assistance website to determine if you are eligible for Reemployment Assistance and what documents are needed to complete the application. You also have the option to apply for benefits via phone at 1-800-681-8102.
Take a moment to review the Frequently Asked Questions provided by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
According to Floridajobs.org, individuals who may be eligible for Reemployment Assistance may include:
- Those who are quarantined by a medical professional or a government agency,
- Those who are laid off or sent home without pay for an extended period by their employer due to COVID-19 concerns, or
- Those who are caring for an immediate family member who is diagnosed with COVID-19.
You will need the following information to complete an application for Reemployment Assistance:
- Social Security Number
- Driver's License or State ID
- Your last 18 months of employment (including name, separation reason, earnings, and dates of work) The reason for separation would be "being laid off or sent home without pay for an extended period by my employer due to COVID-19 concerns".
- Work authorization documents (if not a US citizen)
Under Florida Statute UNF does not have the authority to pay our OPS and student employees for hours not worked, however new federal legislation may open up alternative income options, and HR will issue guidance on those options in the coming weeks.
You may also contact UNF Human Resources at Benefits.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance.