The Presidential 'Spot' Award is designed to reward someone for an act that seemingly took a simple effort but ultimately will have lasting positive impacts on students, faculty, staff or visitors. UNF's Presidential Spot Award is your opportunity to nominate a colleague for his/her extraordinary action.
Frequency of Award:
The Presidential Spot Award is awarded to no more than 20 recipients, semi-annually, during the fall and spring cycles.
This award enables the UNF community to recognize individuals who have been “spotted” embracing the University’s commitment to excellence by going above and beyond their daily job expectations.
Provide a specific example related to a specific deed the nominee or a constituent witnessed that will have a lasting positive effect on students, faculty, staff, visitors or safety in the workplace.
- Members of the University community and others may nominate employees.
- Nominator cannot be a relative of the nominee as defined in the Human Resources Personnel Program Policies and Regulations.
- Self nominations are not accepted for this award.
- Nominee must have a history of good standing in his or her Human Resources personnel file.
- Nominees must be a current A&P, USPS, out-of-unit faculty or regular Other Personal Services (OPS).
- Director level positions and above are not eligible for this award.
- Nominee must have been employed by the University for a minimum of six months prior to the application deadline date.
- Award recipients must be currently employed at the time of the monetary reward distribution.
- This award will only be granted if there are qualified nominations.
Awarded to Recipient:
- $100 cash reward (after taxes)
- Recognition on UNF’s Human Resources' website and Osprey Update
- Nominator completes the Presidential Spot Award Nomination Form and facilitates completion of the nomination process.
- Nominator obtains signature approval from nominee's immediate supervisor. (If necessary, contact the Office of Human Resources for the immediate supervisor's name.)
- Completed nomination form is returned to the Presidential Recognition and Rewards Committee Chair by June 15th for the spring award or December 15th for the fall award.