2018 Plan Year Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment for the 2018 plan year begins on Monday, October 16, 2017 and ends on Friday, November 10, 2017. If you are eligible for benefits through the State Group Insurance Program, this is your once-a-year window to change your benefits other than for qualifying life events. Open Enrollment packages will be mailed to your homes in mid-October, and we encourage you to carefully review the materials and options.
• Your HMO plan has likely changed. Please click here to view a map of available HMO plans by county. In the event your HMO plan option has changed and you do not make an election, you will be automatically enrolled into the HMO plan available based on your home mailing address. During Open Enrollment, you have the option to elect the State PPO Plan or the alternate HMO Plan, if applicable.
• Dental options have changed, and the following plans will not be available in 2018:
o Humana PPO
o Humana Network Plus
o United Solstice
o Ameritas Indemnity/PPO
If you are enrolled in one of those plans, you will need to make a new plan choice or you will not have dental coverage after 12/31/2017. New dental plans will be available through Ameritas and MetLife. Each company will offer three different levels of PPO coverage. Please click here for plan details and click here for monthly premiums.
Assurant Dental will now be called Sun Life Dental. Plan premiums and benefits will not change.
• At the end of 2018, members will be allowed to carryover up to $500 of unused healthcare flexible spending account (FSA) and limited purpose FSA money into the next plan year. The “grace period” for incurring claims into the next calendar year will be eliminated for the healthcare FSA and limited purpose FSA. This change does not affect your 2017 elections. Additionally, the change to allow a carryover does not apply to the dependent care FSA. The dependent care FSA will still have the “grace period” for incurring claims into the next calendar year.
You can make changes to your benefits the following ways:
• Visit peoplefirst.myflorida.com and make your selections online
• Call Human Resources at x2903
• Visit Human Resources (building 1, room 1101)
• Call the People First Service Center at 866-663-4735
We look forward to helping you make your selections for the 2018 plan year.