Please see detailed instructions below to begin employment with the University of North Florida.
- Once you receive your offer letter from your department, please take the letter to the International Center to receive a letter addressed to the Social Security Administration (SSA).
- Take your offer letter, letter for the SSA and all your International documentation to the Social Security Administration office located at 7185 Bonneval Road #1, Jacksonville, FL 32256. You will receive a receipt for your SSN application.
- You or your department should call (904) 620-2984 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a half hour appointment.
- Brings the list of items listed below to the Payroll Office, located Hicks Hall (building #53 room 2850)
List of Original Documents Required
- Current Passport
- Prior Passports
- Current Visa
- Prior Visas
- Current I-20 (for F-1 status-work) or DS-2019 (for J-1 status- on the job training and cultural education)
- Any prior I-20, with other Institution (Transfer), or UNF
- I-94- electronic
- Social Security Card or receipt from Social Security Administration for SSN application.
- Department job offer letter
- EAD Card if on Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- Copy of the document, if the immigration status has changed
During your appointment at the Payroll Office, you will receive a packet of your documentation to take to the Human Resources (HR) department. After processing with Human Resources, you will receive a yellow Payroll Processing Verification Form to take back to your department’s supervisor.
When you receive your Social Security Card, please bring it to the Payroll office so they can make a copy and forward to the HR department.