Spring 2019 Move-Out
Spring 2019 is rapidly coming to a close, which means MOVE-OUT is also just around the corner. Please take a moment to review the important move-out information to assist you as you prepare to vacate your currently assigned space.
ALL RESIDENTS must be moved out of their Spring 2019 assignment within 24-hours of their last final or no later than 3:00 p.m. on Friday, April 26th, whichever comes first.
- If you are a GRADUATING SENIOR, you must be moved out of your Spring 2019 assignment no later than 12 noon on Saturday, April 27, 2019.
- If you are an APPROVED INTERSESSION PARTICIPANT, you will be contacted as soon as your space becomes available and will be expected to be moved into your intersession space no later than 12 noon on Saturday, April 27, 2019.
- To be eligible for Intersession housing, you must be a current resident for Spring 2019, have a Summer A 2019 assignment AND have paid or deferred Summer A 2019 rent. For additional information, including cost and moving timeline please visit the Summer Intersession Agreement webpage.
*NON-UNF students attending FSCJ, residing on-campus during Spring 2019 can request to participate in Summer Intersession Housing in Osprey Hall until their FSCJ final exams end.
ALL RESIDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO MOVE-OUT VIA EXPRESS MOVE-OUT
Express move-out allows a resident the convenience of moving out at any time without the need to wait for a student staff member to walk through the space at a designated time.
For Residents in OSPREY COVE, OSPREY CROSSINGS, OSPREY HALL, OSPREY LANDING, OSPREY VILLAGE and OSPREY FOUNTAINS follow these steps:
- Communicate with your Resident Assistant the date and approximate time you plan to move-out of your assigned space.
- Pick up a Resident Move-Out Form from the Osprey Clubhouse Welcome Desk or the Department of Housing and Residence Life in 14B (M-F 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
- Pack, clean and remove all personal items from your room/suite/apartment.
- Lock your door.
- Complete the Resident Move-Out Form and return it to any drop off location (Housing and Residence Life Office in Building 14B, Osprey Clubhouse Welcome Desk or Osprey Fountains Welcome Desk.)
Following the departure of all residents from a room/suite/apartment the space will be inspected by a Department of Housing and Residence Life professional staff member to identify cleaning and/or damage that is considered beyond normal wear and tear. If a resident submitted a Room Condition Form at the point of move-in the document helps assist in determining pre-existing damage.
A resident will be recorded as having moved out only after all personal items have been removed from their assigned room/suite/apartment and a Resident Move-Out Form has been completed for the resident. If a resident fails to complete the appropriate form, they will be charged for an improper move-out.
To avoid charges for cleaning and/or damage beyond normal wear and tear, Housing & Residence Life encourages all residents to have their room/suite/apartment thoroughly cleaned in accordance with the established cleaning standards BEFORE THE FIRST RESIDENT OF THE UNIT MOVES OUT. The room/suite/apartment must then remain clean throughout the move-out period. The Department of Housing and Residence Life cleaning standards are available on the website for reference.
ADDITIONAL MOVE-OUT INFORMATION
- If you are aware of ANY damages and/or cleaning issues, you should communicate with your Resident Assistant in ADVANCE of your move-out day.
- Portable storage units, including PODS, are not permitted in any housing area or parking lot. If you need storage, visit The UPS Store at UNF in Building 8 or contact the store at (904) 620-4800
- UNF is not responsible for any items left in rooms.
- Cleaning and/or damage charges will be assessed according to the labor and replacement costs involved.
- When a student moves-out properly they no longer have access to their assigned residence hall room/suite/apartment.
MAIL & PACKAGE INFORMATION
The Department of Housing and Residence Life will continue to deliver mail to all Spring 2019 mailboxes until Friday, May 3, 2019. After that date, only mail for Summer A 2019 residents will be delivered to on-campus mailboxes. After Friday, May 3, 2019, all unclaimed first-class mail and packages for individuals not living on-campus for Summer A 2019 will be stamped “Return to Sender”. Please note that non-first class mail cannot be returned to sender and will be discarded. Housing & Residence Life will not hold or forward any unclaimed mail.
ALL students not living on-campus for Summer A 2019 must arrange to have all personal mail and packages sent directly to their off-campus address/point of contact. This is applicable to both students not returning until Summer B (April 27th, 2019 until June 23, 2019) as well as students that will not be returning to campus until Fall 2019 (April 27, 2019 until August 16, 2019). The following are some suggestions on who to notify about your change of address: family, friends, financial institutions (banks, credit card companies, phone companies, etc.) and magazine/periodical publishers of your new off-campus address.
Give & Go 2019: Residential Donations and Waste Stream Management
Dates: April 20th to April 27th, 2019
Donation Locations: The following areas will be used to accommodate donation items for Spring 2019 Move Out Donations:
Items that can be donated include, but are not limited to:
- Osprey Landing Y 1st Floor Lounge
- Osprey Cove T 1st Floor Lounge
- Osprey Crossings Q 1st Floor Lounge
- Osprey Fountains Aerobics Studio
- Starting Wednesday 4/24 UHaul Van at Osprey Village D (Will use Clubhouse front desk for Textbooks and Food)
- Clothes (all clothes in bags)
- Furniture (in good shape)
All Items should be in usable condition!
*Please no Refrigerators*
*Laptops, cell phones, tablets, computers or other items containing a hard drive or storage device will be wiped and recycled by the campus ecycler*
Each donation site will have a donation box for UNOPENED non-perishable food type donations and hygiene products (no glass containers). These will go to the Lend a Wing pantry at UNF Hall. Items that can be donated to Lend a Wing:
- Unopened non-perishable items (Ramen Noodles, Kraft Mac & Cheese, Pasta, and Cereal)
- Unopened hygiene products (Shampoo, Shower Gel, Shave Gel, Soap)
*No Glass containers
Bins will also be available for textbook donations at each location.
For questions or assistance with large donation items, please contact Sam Lento at 904-620-4679 or firstname.lastname@example.org