Flyers for the Residential Community
We accept flyers to be advertised for the residents. You will need to provide:
- Only University departments and recognized organizations in good standing are permitted to display flyers/posters within the residential communities.
- Residents, organizations, or departments may not distribute materials directly within the communities as it is handled exclusively by HRL staff.
- Outside agencies or companies are prohibited from posting within the communities.
- No items may be hung or displayed outside of a window or anywhere in a building or its adjacent structures (porch, rails, etc.).
- Flyers may not contain profanity, lewd or obscene conduct and may not include any reference to or support of blatant violations of the Code of Student Conduct and/or Resident Handbook's outlined policies.
- Recommended sizes for flyers are 8.5" x 11", 8.5" x 14" or 11" x 17". Due to limited space, any posting material exceeding 11" x 17" may not be approved.
- The flyers are posted at the discretion of the student staff member but with 24-48 hours of the flyer being received by Housing and Residence Life unless it is a Friday or a holiday.
- We recommend submitting flyers for approval and submitting the copies to the office after approval about 7-10 days in advance.
- The Department of Housing & Residence Life has the right to refuse any advertising that does not support the goals and objectives of the department or the University community.
- Any item posted or distributed improperly will be removed and the individual(s) or group(s) responsible is subject to sanctions by Housing & Residence Life and/or appropriate department/office.
Material Dissemination Procedures
- All documents must be approved by a full time professional representative of Residential Education.
- Person(s) or organization(s) seeking approval must bring at least 71 copies to the Housing & Residence Life Office, 14B.
- The distribution list is as follows:
- The Flats at UNF 9
- Osprey Cove 9
- Osprey Clubhouse 1
- Osprey Crossings 9
- Osprey Fountains 21
- Osprey Hall 6
- Osprey Landing 9
- Osprey Village 7
- A Residential Education representative will distribute to the community boxes by the next business day.
- If there are document concerns, someone from our office will contact you.