PROCESS AND TIMELINE FOR FALL 2020 MOVE-IN
During the following dates and times students assigned to the following communities may move-in if they have a pre-scheduled appointment.
Every assigned housing student must have a pre-scheduled move-in appointment to begin the move-in process.
While each housing student must have a pre-scheduled move-in appointment, roommates do not have to have the same appointment date/time.
Appointments will be available Monday, August 10th - Wednesday, August 19th* from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. for the following communities:
In an effort to protect individuals, as well as the campus community, there will be a limited number of students permitted to move in to housing each day.
*UNF classes are scheduled to begin Monday, August 17th.
Please note the following:
- A student's pre-registered date and time is their approved arrival date and time as opposed to the time allotted for actual move-in activity. Physical move-in activity can occur after the appointment date/time.
- Dates and times are available on a first-come, first-reserved basis. To maximize social distancing, on each day and for each hour time slot there are a limited number of students approved (approx. 250 per day) to arrive on campus and move-in. If you do not see an option for your preferred date/time, please explore other dates/times.
- Forty-eight hours (48) prior to each date/time slot requests will be locked, and no further scheduled move-in appointments can be made for that date/time. If you do not see an option for your preferred date/time, please explore other dates/times.
- Housing and Residence Life understands that students often have family or friends assisting when moving. This is not prohibited but students should minimize the number of people assisting them to a maximum of 2 individuals.
- When scheduling a move-in date and time the following information must be provided: Student's first and last name, student's UNF N#, student's contact number and student's assigned housing community. Housing assignment information is viewable in myHousing.
- Once a student has a pre-scheduled appointment, they will receive a confirmation e-mail. If the student needs to cancel or reschedule an appointment, they may do so via a link within the confirmation e-mail (see bottom of e-mail).
THE FOLLOWING PROTOCOLS MUST BE ADHERED TO WHILE ON CAMPUS:
- Students, and any other individuals assisting with move-in, must wear a face covering or mask and gloves at all times while on campus. This includes when in outdoor space.
- Individuals assisting with move-in must not dispose of face covering/masks/gloves on campus. Please dispose of these items off campus.
- Students, and any other individuals accompanying them, must adhere to social distancing practices at all times and maintain a minimum of 6 feet between all persons while on campus.
- If a student or any individuals accompanying them are sick or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms they should not come to campus.
PROCESS TO SCHEDULE A MOVE-IN APPOINTMENT:
- STEP 1: Every assigned housing student must visit https://calendly.com/unfresidencelife/unf-housing-move-in to pre-schedule a date and time to start the move-in process.
Do not arrive to campus without completing this step as you will be turned away.
- STEP 2: Students should monitor their UNF e-mail account for instructions/information prior to their pre-scheduled date and time. If necessary, an alternate date and time may be assigned by Housing and Residence Life.
- STEP 3: At the pre-scheduled date and time, the student should visit Osprey Clubhouse (Building 17) with their assigned Osprey1Card or government issued photo ID.
In some cases, first-year students or new upper-class students to UNF will be issued their Osprey1Card during the pre-scheduled move-in period. The Osprey1Card serves as each student room/suite/apartment key.
Only students scheduled to move-in should visit Osprey Clubhouse to start the move-in process. Individuals assisting the student with move-in should wait outside.
Please note the following:
- Do not arrive to campus without visiting https://calendly.com/unfresidencelife/unf-housing-move-in to pre-schedule a date and time to move-in. Do not arrive to campus without completing this step as you will be turned away.
- Do not arrive early.
- A student's pre-scheduled date and time is their arrival time as opposed to the time allotted for actual move-in activity. Physical move-in activity can occur after the appointment date/time.
- A limited number of moving carts will be available for check-out in Osprey Clubhouse and Osprey Fountains each day.
- Any individuals, including family members, assisting during the move-in process are prohibited from staying overnight in housing. Please plan accordingly. Visit the following link for a listing of preferred hotels in the area: https://www.unf.edu/procurement/Hotels.aspx
The Department of Housing and Residence Life knows this is a challenging time and we appreciate you following the process. Stay safe and Go Ospreys!