THRIVE Living-Learning Community
The Transition to Healthiness, Resourcefulness, Independence, Vocation, and Education (THRIVE) program is an organization on campus that seeks to assist degree-seeking individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) achieve success both within and beyond the postsecondary setting. The THRIVE Living-Learning Community (LLC), exclusively for those in the THRIVE program or serving as allies and mentors to THRIVE students, provides an additional level of support through a shared living experience.
Eligibility & Course Requirements
- Admittance into the THRIVE program and/or an interest in serving as an ally or mentor in the THRIVE LLC
- Complete the Housing Contract & LLC and Interest Housing Application
- Live in Osprey Fountains with the THRIVE LLC
- Attend weekly THRIVE Class, Study Hours and Wind-Downs (note: is this required for students who are not THRIVE participants, but rather, allies/mentors and/or roommates/friends that are pulled in?)
LLC students must attend the weekly Monday THRIVE class every semester on campus.
The THRIVE class focuses on the development and use of executive functioning and time management skills which are necessary for success both within and outside of the college setting. Students will prepare for the week as they plan out a course of action for completing upcoming assignments/projects and studying for quizzes/exams. In the long term, students will learn to prioritize and determine the best method by which to keep up with coursework and studying.
Students do not need to register for this course as they would with other courses on campus through myWings. Once registered with the THRIVE program, students will be automatically enrolled in the class.
As a member of the THRIVE LLC you will:
- Develop independent living, social, and career development skills for use both within and outside the college setting
- Forge friendships with fellow THRIVE students and attend fun THRIVE-held events with them
- Have the opportunity to participate in THRIVE's Student Leadership Council (SLC), acquiring valuable experience for your resume and developing leadership skills
- Have the opportunity to make connections with Jacksonville employers and community members in a safe environment through THRIVE community events
Campus Partners & Who to Contact:
Coordinator for Educational Initiatives, Housing and Residence Life
Associate Director, Housing and Residence Life