Environmental Sustainability LLC
The Environmental Sustainability Living-Learning Community (LLC) provides an exciting opportunity for students to get started on an environmental leadership path at the University of North Florida. The Environmental Sustainability LLC is a welcoming community that fosters critical thinking about environmentalism and sustainable projects. Students will engage in experience in the campus environment, local Northeast Florida ecosystems, and beyond. Students will be empowered to make a positive impact on their environment in ways that are exclusive and unique to the first-year students in the LLC.
Eligibility and Course Requirements
- Complete the Housing Contract & LLC and Interest Housing Application
- Any section of HSC 2100 - Personal and Public Health
- Live in the designated community, Osprey Crossings, in the Environmental Sustainability LLC
- Support/Attend Living-Learning Community events and programs
Program Learning Objectives
- Create opportunities for students to interact with one another, share interests about the environment, and support one another's development.
- Participate in events and activities on campus and in region that encourage sustainability.
- Become aware of the impact personal lifestyle choices on and off campus that make on the environment.
- Motivate students to make commitments (pledges) for environmental sustainability.
- Nature hikes at Eco Adventure
- Kayaking in the Guana Reserve
- Meet and greets with the Jacksonville Beach Sea Turtle Patrol
- Kayaking and hiking throughout northeast Florida
- Access to exclusive sustainability workshops and tours
- Community cleanups and service projects
Campus Partners and Who to Contact
Dr. Erin Largo-Wight
Director of the Environmental Center
Assistant Director of the Environmental Center
Coordinator, Environmental Center
Associate Director of Housing and Residence Life
Residence Life Coordinator of Educational Initiatives