Applications have now closed for the 2016-2017 year. Please check back in the future for updates on our 2017-2018 LLCs applications.
Interested in a healthcare major/career?
Want to live with others who share your interest in health?
The Brooks College of Health LLC unites students interested in pursuing Brooks College of Health majors and considering a career in a health-related field. The learning community intentionally develops students' academic and professional skills needed to make strong decisions and succeed as an undergraduate student and future health professional.
BCH LLC Experience
As a participant in the Brooks College of Health LLC, a student can expect to...
- Develop an understanding of academic requirements needed to pursue a major in a health field and obtain decision-making skills necessary for sound major selection
- Interact with health faculty, staff, and students inside and outside the classroom
- Cultivate leadership skills essential for a successful future health care career
- Explore health professions and resources both within and outside of the UNF community
- Must complete a Housing Contract and be eligible to participate in the housing room selection process.
- Must be in good standing academically, and with University and Housing and Residence Life Conduct.
- Must intend to purse either a Brooks College of Health major and/or a health-related career.
Events in process:
- Career Exploration
- Retreats and Dinners
- Faculty and professionals in the field connections
- Rock Climbing
- Academic Advising
- Service Learning Trip
- Community Health
- Exercise Science
- Health Administration
- Athletic Training
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Any student interested in a healthcare career (e.g., Physical Therapist, Mental Health Counselor, Medicine)
- Complete the courses required for the community (i.e., Fall: HSC 2930 -Healthcare Careers 1-Credit, Spring: Service Learning Capstone Project)
- Return to campus early for a community retreat
- Attend BCH LLC meetings and participate in associated activities outlined by the community calendar
- Be an active member of the community and gain leadership experience
- Meet and greet with health care professionals
- Participate in service learning projects and/or trips
- Receive peer mentoring from BCH students
- Lead a social or service event for the entire community
Who to Contact:
Dr. Heather Kenney
BCH Advising Director
Assistant Director for Housing and Residence Life