Skip to Main Content
Housing and Residence Life

Applicant Requirements

Eligibility Information

Academic Standing

Applicants are required to be enrolled full-time at UNF (12 credit hours per semester for undergraduate students; 9 credit hours per semester for graduate students) and in good academic standing with the University. In order to apply for a student staff position with Housing & Residence Life, applicants must have both a semester and cumulative GPA of a 2.5 or higher. Our student staff members are expected to put their academics first and to be academic role models for their residents.

Disciplinary Standing

Applicants are required to be in good disciplinary standing with Housing and Residence Life and the University. Having a disciplinary history with the University or with the department does not eliminate a candidate from consideration, but the nature of the incident(s) may have bearing. All candidates' disciplinary history will be checked with the Office of Student Accountability and Resolution (OSAR) and the Housing and Residence Life office.

Residency Standing

Applicants are required to have completed a minimum of two (2) semesters living on campus prior to beginning the position and/or must have completed 2 semesters as a student at UNF.  

Prior to applying, interested applicants should consider the following:

Time Commitment

Time management is essential to our staff members' success. The Learning Community Assistant (LCA) role is a 15 hours/week position. The Resident Assistant (RA) role is a 20 hours/week position. With that being said, because of the difficulty of balancing academics with the responsibilities of the position, we strongly discourage students from applying that are in overly demanding majors, as well as students interested in obtaining student teaching, internships, or athletic training practicum during their employment with us. Student staff should not be employed elsewhere or hold any other paid position during their first full (fall or spring) semester as an RA. Student staff may request to pursue outside employment/involvement; it must be approved by the student staff member's supervisor prior to beginning work/involvement.