PROCESS AND TIMELINE FOR RETRIEVAL OF PERSONAL ITEMS FROM UNF HOUSING
During the following dates and times former Spring 2020 residents may return to campus at a pre-scheduled date and time to retrieve personal belongings stored in their Spring 2020 Housing Assignment:
Monday May 11th – Sunday, May 31st from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.*
In an effort to protect individuals, as well as the campus community, there will be a limited number of students approved to be in housing each day.
Please note the following:
The following protocols must be adhered to while on campus:
- A student’s pre-registered date and time is their approved arrival date and time as opposed to the time allotted for actual move-out activity. *
- Dates and times are available on a first-come, first-reserved basis.
- To maximize social distancing, on each day and for each hour time slot there are a limited number of students approved (approx. 120 per day) to return to campus to retrieve items. If you do not see an option for your preferred date/time, please explore other dates/times.
- Forty-eight hours (48) prior to each date/time slot requests will be locked and no further requests can be submitted. If you do not see an option for your preferred date/time, please explore other dates/times.
- Housing and Residence Life understands that students often have family or friends assisting when moving. This is not prohibited but students should work to minimize the number of people assisting them with the retrieval of personal items.
- When requesting a date and time the following information must be provided: Student’s first and last name, student’s UNF N#, student’s assigned housing community, building number or letter, room/suite/apartment number and bedroom letter (if necessary), student’s cell phone #, the first and last name and contact phone # of any accompanying individuals who will be on campus.
- Students, and any other individuals accompanying them, must wear a face covering or mask and gloves at all times while on campus.
- Students, and any other individuals accompanying them, must not dispose of face covering/masks/gloves on campus. Please dispose of these items off campus
- Students, and any other individuals accompanying them, must adhere to social distancing practices at all times and maintain a minimum of 6 feet between all persons while on campus.
Process to schedule a date and time to return to Housing and Residence Life to retrieve personal items:
STEP 1: Students must visit https://calendly.com/unfresidencelife/move-out-spring-2020 to pre-schedule a preferred date and time to return to campus to be provided access to their Spring 2020 housing assignment.
Do not arrive to campus without completing this step as you will be turned away.
STEP 2: Students should monitor their UNF e-mail account for instructions/information prior to their pre-scheduled date and time. If necessary, an alternate date and time may be assigned by Housing and Residence Life.
STEP 3: At the pre-scheduled date and time, the student should do the following:
For students assigned to Osprey Hall, Osprey Landing, Osprey Cove, Osprey Crossings, Osprey Village and Osprey Fountains - Visit their Spring 2020 room/suite/apartment door and follow the steps below:
You may access the room via your UNF Osprey1Card. When you first visit your room door you will need to carefully follow the instructions below:
- Tap your Osprey1Card one time to the black card reader by the door handle and remove it. You will initially receive a red blinking light.
- Wait for ONE FULL MINUTE (60 seconds).
- Tap your Osprey1Card on the card reader for a second time and access should be granted.
If this process does not grant access initially, please wait another full 60 seconds from the last tap and follow steps 1 – 3 again.
Please note, not following the instructions carefully and/or consecutively tapping your Osprey1Card to the reader will prevent access.
If you experience door access issues or do not have an Osprey1Card, please visit the Osprey Clubhouse (open 24/7) or Osprey Fountains Welcome Desk (open 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.) with a photo ID.
For students assigned to The Flats at UNF – Visit The Flats at UNF Welcome Desk (open 24/7) at your pre-scheduled date and time with photo ID to be issued a temporary key to access your apartment and bedroom.
This temporary key will need to be returned at the conclusion of your move-out to avoid a financial charge.
Please note the following:
The Department of Housing and Residence Life knows this is a challenging time and we appreciate you following the process. Stay safe and we hope to see you soon. Go Ospreys!
- Do not arrive to campus without visiting https://calendly.com/unfresidencelife/move-out-spring-2020 to pre-schedule a date and time to return to campus. Do not arrive to campus without completing this step as you will be turned away.
- Do not arrive early.
- A student’s pre-scheduled date and time is their arrival time as opposed to the time allotted for actual move-out activity.
- All housing area parking lots will remain open and accessible through May 31, 2020.
- A limited number of moving carts will be available for check-out in Osprey Clubhouse each day through May 31, 2020.
- Students, and any individuals assisting them, are prohibited from staying overnight in housing. Please plan accordingly. Please visit the following link for a listing of preferred hotels in the area: https://www.unf.edu/procurement/Hotels.aspx
- Students, and any individuals assisting them, should move rapidly to remove personal items from their assigned space. With this in mind, students do not need to clean rooms/suites/apartments. Please focus on rapidly removing personal items, properly disposing of trash and departing campus. However, do not dispose of face covering/masks/gloves on campus.
- To reschedule a pre-scheduled arrival date and time please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Housing and Residence Life does not anticipate extending the timeline to retrieve personal belongings beyond May 31, 2020.
- Resident letter mail delivered to campus over the past several weeks remains in resident mailboxes for pick-up. Only students will be able to pick-up letters or packages. Resident package pick-up for Osprey Hall, Osprey Landing, Osprey Cove, Osprey Crossings, Osprey Village and Osprey Fountains will be at the Osprey Clubhouse Welcome Desk (open 24/7). Resident package pick-up for The Flats at UNF is at The Flats at UNF Welcome Desk.
Robert Boyle, Senior Director
Department of Housing and Residence Life