Study Abroad Scholarship Applications
The Hicks Honors College sponsors a number of competitive grants to award funds to students for a variety of opportunities that will benefit the University by enhancing its reputation as a premier undergraduate institution of higher education. Additionally, there are grants available for faculty for their efforts to improve the quality of intellectual life on campus.
Beginning Fall 2020 the UNF Foundation Scholarships office has implemented a new scholarship management system, Academic Works, that allows students to view their eligible scholarships, apply online and manage the acceptance process. To be considered for Honors Scholarships and Foundation Scholarships please follow the instructions on the Foundation Scholarships webpage.
The Hicks Honors College offers significant scholarships for study abroad experiences. Honors students are eligible for funding for Honors-sponsored trips or other types of study abroad (though no more than two awards can be granted per person). Note that funding for domestic travel (to conferences, internships, etc.) is normally done through the Hicks Fellows Program.
Students can apply for the Honors Study Abroad Scholarship by filling out the application in Academic Works. You must provide answers to the 10 supplemental questions on the application. For more information regarding the application process, please call the Honors front desk at 904-620-2649 or email email@example.com.
- Have you been accepted to a study abroad program? If you have been accepted, please upload the program acceptance letter or email. If you have not, we recommend applying when you have been accepted.
- Upload a projected budget for your trip that best details how you will use this funding, if awarded.
- Upload a detailed travel cart for your airfare IF it is not included in the cost of the trip. Create the airfare for the specific dates of your trip, but DO NOT purchase it yet.
- If this is a faculty led trip, what is the name of the faculty/staff leader? Please enter their full name.
- What department or program is this trip associated? Please Enter Full Department Name.
- What study abroad trip are you participating in? Please enter Name of Trip: ex: Coggin in Spain.
- What is the length of your study abroad trip? Please include the number of days or semesters you will be traveling.
- What is your study abroad destination? Enter country or countries.
- Are you going to study abroad on your own for a semester?
- Are you going to study abroad on your own for more than one semester? If yes, how many semesters?
Awards for study abroad may vary because of the cost of the the trip varies, but the following are general parameters for funding.
|Up to 2 weeks
||Up to $1,000
|Between 2-4 weeks
||Up to $1,500
|Over 4 weeks but less than a semester
||Up to $2,000
||Up to $3,000
||Up to $5000