The Hicks Honors College sponsors a number of competitive grants to award funds to students for a variety of opportunities that will benefit the University by enhancing its reputation as a premier undergraduate institution of higher education. Additionally, there are grants available for faculty for their efforts to improve the quality of intellectual life on campus. These grants are referred to as the Study Abroad Scholarships or the Hicks Fellowship. You can follow the links to find out more information about these grants.
Beginning Fall 2020 the UNF Foundation Scholarships office has implemented a new scholarship management system, Academic Works, that allows students to view their eligible scholarships, apply online and manage the acceptance process. To be considered for Honors Scholarships and Foundation Scholarships please follow the instructions on the Foundation Scholarships webpage.
Vulcan Materials Company Foundation Endowed Scholarship
Current and incoming students who meet the criteria below are eligible to apply for the Vulcan Materials Company Foundation Endowed Scholarship. Please review the Criteria carefully. If you would like to apply please follow the instructions for UNF Academic Works on the Foundation Scholarships page. If you have any questions about the scholarship please call our office at 904-620-2649 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students eligible for this scholarship must:
- Meet admissions requirements and be accepted to the University of North Florida
- Enroll as a First Time In College (FTIC) student, or as a transfer student, in the Hicks Honors College
- Reside in Florida for tuition purposes
- Earn a minimum recalculated high school GPA of at least 3.2, or transfer GPA of at least 3.2
- Graduate from a Florida high school
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Demonstrate financial need as defined by the University's Office of Financial Aid
- Declare and interest or major in one of the following degree programs: Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, Transportation & Logistics, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computing & Info Sciences, or Building Construction
- Preference also given to students who are concentrating in Coastal Environmental Science int he Department of Biology who are concentrating in Coastal and Port Engineering in the School of Engineering