Honors advising is a useful resource for students to obtain information, seek advice and discuss academic goals. Advisors help guide you to academic success by providing appropriate information so you can make informed choices about your education.
To achieve your ultimate academic goal, you will…
- Be knowledgeable of your academic progress and status including: grades, GPA, academic history, academic schedule and standing
- Clarify personal values and goals, and provide the advisor with accurate information regarding your interests and abilities
- Check your University of North Florida email daily and reply, respond or take action as required
- Expect to be responsible for your own actions and decisions
To Make an Advising Appointment:
The Hicks Honors College is excited to welcome our new and returning Ospreys both in-person and virtually for the Fall 2020 semester. Academic advising is available at full capacity while meeting the university’s protocols for on-campus health and safety presented in UNF’s Return to Campus plan. In keeping with that plan, our office will only be accepting in-person meetings by appointment with the following requirements:
- All students and staff members will be required to wear a mask while on campus.
- There will be limited lobby space, so please arrive only at the time of your appointment.
- Friends or family members are welcome to join virtual appointments, but space is not available for in-person appointments.
Currently all Honors Advising is being done remotely via Zoom
To make an appointment with your academic advisor, please click on one of the links below:
Melissa Tucker: https://calendly.com/melissatuckerunf/honors-student-advising-appointment?month=2020-08
Elizabeth Peter: https://calendly.com/elizabethpeterunf/60min?month=2020-08
Resources for Students
Below are a list of helpful resources for Honors students related to academic advising.
Student Academic Success Services (SASS)
SASS continues to provide the same wide range of support that students are used to in various formats. Please see details for Supplemental Instruction, Tutoring, Academic Coaching, Webinars, and Persistence Advocacy on their website: https://www.unf.edu/ugstudies/SASS/
Honors advising will maintain a knowledgeable and helpful advising staff that provides students with quality service. Advisors encourage students to make informed decisions about their academic career.
Our advisors promote the key features of the Hicks Honors College, including disciplined critical thinking, leadership, interdisciplinary perspectives, and global awareness.
Melissa Tucker, M.B.A.
Sr. Academic Advisor
Elizabeth Peter, M.A.
Assistant Director of Advising and Academics