Honors advising is a useful resource for students to obtain information, seek advice and discuss academic goals. Advisors help guide you to academic success by providing appropriate information so you can make informed choices about your education.
To achieve your ultimate academic goal, you will…
- Be knowledgeable of your academic progress and status including: grades, GPA, academic history, academic schedule and standing
- Clarify personal values and goals, and provide the advisor with accurate information regarding your interests and abilities
- Check your University of North Florida email daily and reply, respond or take action as required
- Expect to be responsible for your own actions and decisions
To Make an Advising Appointment:
We are currently meeting virtually (online) via Teams.
Book an Appointment
This will bring you to the Hicks Honors College bookings page where you will:
- Select the type of select of appointment you want.
- Select the person you want to meet with:
- Melissa Tucker
- Elizabeth Peter
- Select an appointment that fits your schedule.
- Add your details.
- Provide any additional information requested.
- Click the data sharing understanding box.
- Click "Book".
Please note: while you can use a smart phone to hold these meetings, you will be limited and you will not be able to use screen sharing. We recommend you use a laptop or desktop when possible.
Resources for Students
Below are a list of helpful resources for Honors students related to academic advising.
Student Academic Success Services (SASS)
SASS continues to provide the same wide range of support that students are used to in various formats. Please see details for Supplemental Instruction, Tutoring, Academic Coaching, Webinars, and Persistence Advocacy on their website: https://www.unf.edu/ugstudies/SASS/
Honors advising will maintain a knowledgeable and helpful advising staff that provides students with quality service. Advisors encourage students to make informed decisions about their academic career.
Our advisors promote the key features of the Hicks Honors College, including disciplined critical thinking, leadership, interdisciplinary perspectives, and global awareness.
Melissa Tucker, M.B.A.
Sr. Academic Advisor
Elizabeth Peter, M.A.
Assistant Director of Advising and Academics