Thesis and Dissertation Checklist
Committee form(s) is due the same day as the deadline to apply for graduation
- The Committee Membership Form has been submitted to the Graduate School.
- The Non-Graduate Faculty Committee Member form has been submitted (if applicable) to the Graduate School.
- The External Committee Member form has been submitted (if applicable) to the Graduate School.
- The correct style manual, the one followed by the program, has been used.
- All work not originating with the student has been properly cited and referenced.
- Copyright permission has been received and a Request to Reprint/Reproduce Material Covered by Copyright document has been obtained.
- If the student and thesis or dissertation director deem it warranted, the services of a professional editor have been secured.
Defense deadline is one week prior to graduation
- Copies of the thesis or dissertation suitable for defense were provided to all members of the thesis or dissertation committee prior to the defense.
- The thesis or dissertation defense was added to the UNF Calendar of Events and announced via Osprey Update by your committee chair or designee.
- The thesis or dissertation defense was held no later than one week prior to graduation.
- The Certificate of Approval was created and signed by the committee subsequent to the defense.
- A corrected copy of the thesis or dissertation with corrections required by the thesis or dissertation committee was submitted to the department chair.
- A corrected copy of the thesis or dissertation with corrections required by the department chair was submitted to the college dean.
Final submission deadline is one week after graduation
- One original Certificate of Approval (signature page) is uploaded to UNF Digital Commons.
- A completed Availability Agreement is uploaded to UNF Digital Commons.
- The final thesis or dissertation is uploaded to UNF Digital Commons. No compression or password protection should be used and all fonts should be embedded in the document. Before uploading the thesis or dissertation, verify the curriculum vitae does not contain any personal information such as your personal address and phone number.
- Supplemental materials, such as copyright documentation is uploaded to UNF Digital Commons.