Step One: The Proposal
Upon submission of your thesis or dissertation proposal, a Thesis or Dissertation Committee Membership Form must be submitted to the Graduate School. The form should be downloaded, completed, and submitted to the Graduate School either electronically as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org or as a hardcopy to the Graduate School’s office. The form must be signed by the student, committee chair, graduate program director, and department chair.
- If your committee changes, you must submit a new Committee Membership Form and select that you are changing your committee.
- If a non-graduate faculty member will be on your thesis or dissertation committee, your department must complete a Request for Non-Graduate Faculty Thesis/Dissertation Committee Member and include a copy of the person's CV or resume. Refer to our Graduate Faculty website to find out if your committee member is a graduate faculty member.
- If you would like to have an external committee member, you will need to submit the Request for External Thesis/Dissertation Committee Member form and include a copy of the person's CV or resume.
IRB – Institutional Review Board and IACUC – Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
If proposed research for any thesis or dissertation is subject to the federal regulations pertaining to research involving either human or animal subjects, review by the UNF Institutional Review Board (IRB) and/or UNF Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) must be obtained prior to beginning such research. The measures taken to ensure the protection of human and/or animal subjects should be explicitly addressed in the researcher's discussion of methodology when applicable. Your thesis or dissertation director can advise you on whether your project requires IRB or IACUC review.
- The Thesis or Dissertation Committee Membership Form has been downloaded and completed.
- The form has been signed by both the student, the thesis or dissertation chair, graduate program director, and department chair.
- The Request for Non-Graduate Faculty Thesis/Dissertation Committee Member form has been completed (if applicable).
- The Request for External Thesis/Dissertation Committee Member form has been completed (if applicable).
- The form(s) has been submitted to the Graduate School, either electronically or as a hard copy.