Students are required to upload their final thesis/dissertation (PDF format), signed Certificate of Approval*, and completed Availability Agreement to Digital Commons by the posted deadline. Hard copies of theses/dissertations will not be accepted by the Graduate School.
Before uploading, please verify with your committee that your document is final, and that your curriculum vitae does not contain any personal information such as your address and phone number.
*Effective Summer 2019, the Certificate of Approval does not require Chair and Dean signatures. Only committee members should sign the form. Please refer to our Certificate of Approval sample.
- Go to the Digital Commons website
- Click on My Account
- Login using your UNF ID and password
- Click on Submit Research on the left side of the site
- Scroll down and click on UNF Theses and Dissertations
- Type your project title
- Update information to include middle name initial and institutional affiliation; do not add multiple author lines
- Input your birth date (this is not visible to the public, but is important to distinguish authors)
- Input the year you are graduating for Year of Publication
- Select the term you are graduating for Season of Publication
- Select the type of document
- Select the college in which your program belongs
- Select your degree
- Select your department
- Type your committee member names starting with the First Advisor as your committee chairperson
- Select at least one subject category fitting your thesis/dissertation
- Add your abstract
- Upload the final PDF version of your thesis/dissertation with an unsigned copy of your Certificate of Approval
- Upload your signed Certificate of Approval and completed Availability Agreement
- Source Code: If you are submitting source code, either as additional files or as the primary document, it must be submitted as a zipped file. The file should be named Last Name, What platform(s) is supported (e.g. Windows, Linux, etc.), what programming language was used (e.g. C++, perl, etc.). Example: Crawford Linuz C++
- Copyright: Permission or your attempts to seek permission for copyrighted material, such as images. The document should be named Last Name Permission.
- Click Submit one above steps are complete