The Key Bradbury STEM Fellowship provides financial means for graduate programs to recruit high caliber students. Graduate programs should use these funds to recruit prospective students who exhibit commendable academic merit and a history of leadership. This fellowship awards first time graduate students with a total of $10,000 each academic year (split between fall and spring semesters) and is awarded for up to two years as long as the student remains eligible. Thus, students who qualify will be granted a $20,000 scholarship for their graduate education.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a first time degree seeking graduate student at UNF admitted for the summer or fall term. Students who were previously enrolled as post-baccalaureate or in a graduate certificate program at UNF are eligible.
- Show academic merit as evidenced by a recalculated graduate admissions GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a professor or dean.
- Write essay of no more than 500 words that describes your leadership experience.
- Be enrolled full time in a STEM designated degree program (Programs may determine what is considered full time for their nominees but it may be no fewer than 6 credit hours per semester). STEM programs are defined based on the Florida Board of Governors Strategic Plan. At UNF, this currently includes graduate programs in biology, engineering, computing and mathematical sciences.
- Remain in Good Academic Standing with a GPA of 3.0 or higher for the duration of the award.
To be considered for the scholarship, prospective students must submit a complete application packet and have an admissions application submitted by the posted deadline. The student’s admissions application does not need to be complete to be considered for the scholarship. The application packet should include a complete fellowship application, a letter of recommendation from a professor or dean and an essay of no more than 500 words that describes your leadership experience. Leadership experience includes, but is not limited to, athletic team involvement, school club or greek organization officer, youth group leader, volunteer service leadership, etc.
Key Bradbury STEM Fellowship Application
The deadline has passed. This fellowship will not be available again until the 2020/2021 academic year.
Deadline to submit application: TBA
All applicants will receive email confirmation that your application was received. If you do not receive email confirmation within 5 business days, please contact the Graduate School. Applications received after the posted deadline will not be considered.