Initial Classification for Graduate Students
Proof of Florida residency is required for assessment of in-state tuition. All degree-seeking students and post-baccalaureate (non-degree-seeking) students must present acceptable proof of legal Florida residency at the time of admission/readmission in order to be assessed in-state tuition and fees. Students who do not have acceptable proof of legal Florida residency will be assessed out-of-state tuition and fees.
- Once admitted, you will received email communication detailing how to complete the online Residency Declaration through your myWings account.
- To qualify as a Florida Resident for tuition purposes, you must submit documentation that you have been a Florida resident with physical and legal presence for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the first day of classes of the semester of enrollment, or qualify for a residency exception.
- The online Residency Declaration only provides the most commonly submitted forms of identification. Other forms of ID can be found under Residency Documentation.
- Any additional documentation should be submitted directly to the Graduate School. Please include your full name and student N# when submitting documentation.
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (904) 620-1362
- Office Address:
The Graduate School
University of North Florida
1 UNF Drive, Bldg 1, Suite 2000
Jacksonville, Florida 32224
- The deadline to turn in all required documentation is the last working day before the first day of classes of the term for which you are applying for residency.
- Submitting your documentation will not automatically qualify you for Florida Residency for tuition purposes. An evaluation of all documentation will be required before a determination of residency status is made. Please note that additional documentation or clarification may be requested. Please monitor your email accounts. We HIGHLY recommend that you submit your documentation as early as possible.