The Graduate Reading Endorsement Certificate program is designed to meet the needs of teachers K-12 who want to increase their effectiveness in the teaching of reading and literacy. This program addresses the needs expressed by the Florida State Department of Education. The program provides teachers with the knowledge to support the reading development and achievement of students from varied cultural and linguistic backgrounds; expand knowledge in reading assessment and methodologies; and develop research based, instructional practices which include oral language, phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary and comprehension for students in the classroom and in intervention/remediation settings. Completion of the required 15 credit hours qualifies individuals with a current Florida teaching certificate to earn the Florida Reading Endorsement.
Special Notes about the Program
Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid. Please visit the Financial Aid website for more information regarding eligibility.
Application Requirement Information
International Applicant Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
Fall Term . . . . . . . . August 1
Spring Term . . . . . December 1
Summer Term . . . April 15
The following must be submitted by the posted deadline. Incomplete applications with outstanding requirements, or those post-marked after the posted deadline, are subject to cancellation. Once an application has been cancelled, the applicant will be required to apply for the next available term, or as a graduate non-degree seeking applicant (limitations apply).
- UNF admission application
- Application fee
- If applicable, collection holds and judicial holds must be cleared
All of the below university and program requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or its equivalent from a foreign institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study.
- Official transcripts, and foreign evaluations if applicable, from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Applicants must hold a valid teaching license/certificate from any U.S. state or international equivalent