The Master of Arts in Teaching (Secondary Education) is designed for individuals who possess a baccalaureate degree and desire to teach secondary English, Math, Social Studies, or Biology/Chemistry/Physics. For individuals who have degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics, please refer to our JTR website for additional information.
Application Requirement Information
International Applicant Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
Summer Term . . . April 24 -- Summer 2020 extended to May 4
Admits for summer term only.
The following must be submitted by the posted deadline.
Incomplete applications with outstanding requirements, or those post-marked after the posted deadline, are subject to cancellation. Once an application has been cancelled, the applicant will be required to apply for the next available term, or as a graduate non-degree seeking applicant (limitations apply).
- UNF admission application
- Application fee
- If applicable, collection holds and judicial holds must be cleared
All of the below university and program requirements
A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or its equivalent from a foreign institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study.
Official transcripts, and foreign evaluations if applicable, from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Letter of intent
- 250-500 words
- Double space with 12 point font
- Describe reasons for interest in the program;
- Topics and areas of interest
- Goals after completion
- Three letters of recommendation
- Address applicants qualifications for success in graduate school
- Must be on official letter head (if applicable) and have an original signature (electronic signatures are not acceptable)
of the Program
This program will prepare those interested in teaching within Public Schools in Clay, Duval, and other local Counties in Northeast Florida.