Le Havre & Paris, France
Students can take two courses on campus over a four-week period
at the University of EM-Normandie in this special summer study abroad program taking place in two different cities in France.
Le Havre, France
Havre is the second-largest port in France with a population of 170,000
residents. Located 134 miles west-northwest of Paris, Le Havre is known as the
“city of thousand skies” due to its breathtaking sunset skies, which has
inspired generations of artists from impressionist to street artists. Different
from the old churches and buildings in any city in France, Le Havre is rich in
modern post-war architecture like the famous Perret architecture, Saint Joseph
church, and the Volcano theater. You can also visit Le Havre Beach with their
“the tip of the world” (“Le bout du monde”) walk under the cliffs and enjoy
paddle-boarding, windsurfing, and many other water sports
the “City of Lights” and the “City of Love”, Paris is the capital of France
with an estimated population of 2,206,488.
Paris is home to the world’s largest art gallery and museum, The Louvre,
with over 38,000 pieces of art including the famous Mona Lisa. This city also
has other famous monuments like the cathedral of Notre Dame, the Sacré-Couer Basilica, and the Eiffel Tower. In
addition, this beautiful metropolis along a picturesque river is said to be
boldly romantic as the city of love that engenders daydreams.
Four weeks not enough? Consider a fall or spring semester abroad! For more information, contact us or visit us in Honors Hall (Bldg. 10), Suite 2125.
How to Apply
Class Dates: early to late July
July TBD: Le Havre, France
July TBD: Paris, France
Additional Meeting Dates
Preparatory meetings prior to travel are required as part of these summer programs. Topics discussed include safety, cultural adaptation, program expectations, flight/logistical arrangements, and scholarship opportunities. Mark your calendar for the following mandatory meetings:
- Friday, March 24
- Friday, April 14
- TBD, September 2023 (Re-entry meeting)
||Students must complete a total of six transfer credits (choose one course for Le Havre & one course for Paris) while abroad.
- Doing Business in a Changing World (3000 level GEB elective), prereq = MAN3025
- International Trade & Transportation (3/4000 level ECO elective), prereq = ECO2013
- Marketing Analytics (equivalent to MAR4615 Intro to Marketing Analytics), prereq = MAR3023 & STA2023
- Strategic Management (3000 level MAN elective), prereq = MAN3025
- Technology & Innovation Management (equivalent to MAN4294 Creativity & Innovation), prereq = MAN3025
- Business & Economics of Climate Change (3/4000 ECO elective), prereq = ECO2023
- Digital Workplace & Managing Virtual Teams (3000 level MAN elective), prereq = MAN3025
- Entertainment Marketing (3/4000 level MAR elective), prereq = MAR3023
- Project Management in a Digital Era (3000 level MAN elective), prereq = MAN3025
- Working in Multicultural Teams & Environments (3000 level MAN elective), prereq = MAN3025
TBD - vary according to course.
Up to 20 UNF undergraduate students who meet the above prerequisites
Students pay all costs (excluding 6 hours of UNF tuition) directly to EM Normandie, hotels, airlines, etc. It is estimated that these costs will equal approximately $4,000.
- Lodging, students will have a variety of housing options offered in both Le Havre & Paris
- Laundry facilities, included in residential dorms
- City tours, Cultural & Business Excursions
- transportation between Le Havre to Paris
- GeoBlue international health insurance for the program dates
Additionally, students must pay for six credits of UNF summer tuition and fees. See our payment process page for more information.
||email@example.com, International Business & Study Abroad, Honors Hall (Bldg. 10), Suite 2125