We use Word Walls with young learners because they provide an interactive learning tool for teachers and children to use throughout each day. Word Walls…
- Encourage the introduction of new words.
- Show the importance of letters and words.
- Promote letter and sound recognition.
- Provide ongoing support for learners at differing levels.
- Develop independence in learning.
- Create authentic learning using words from stories being read.
- Supply a familiar list of words that become part of children’s speaking, reading, and writing vocabularies.
- Scaffold children as they begin reading and writing independently.