In the event of an emergency, UNF will use as many modes of communication as possible to help get the word out quickly, including:
- Email, voice message, and text message to students, faculty and staff
- Indoor and outdoor public address systems
- Information posted on the Safe Ospreys app
- Information posted on UNF homepage and the UNF myWings Portal
- Information posted on the Parent portal
- Information posted on the Canvas learning management system
- Information updated on UNF's main phone number, (904) 620-1000
- Information placed on the electronic signs at the campus entrance and on campus televisions
- Information on UNF’s official social media sites: Facebook and Twitter
- Information updated with the news media
In addition, students, faculty, staff, and visitors may use the Emergency Code Blue telephones placed throughout the campus to request assistance or report an emergency.
Teams that Help in Emergencies
Crisis Management Team
The University of North Florida has established a Crisis Management Team (CMT) to carry out its crisis management plan.
Incident Management Team
The Incident Management Team (IMT) is a group of FEMA Incident Command System trained UNF employees that manage UNF's reponse to any critical incident. The team gathers in the Emergency Operations Center and directs all aspects of the UNF response.
Building Emergency Coordinators
The Building Coordinator program uses assigned Building Emergency Coordinators to help facilitate building communications and user needs in emergencies.