TEFL Certificate at the University of North Florida!
The Teaching English as a Foreign Language certificate at UNF is a 120- hour program, and it is designed for those who wish to teach the English language abroad. It is a four-week intensive program, with an additional 44 post-instructional observation hours, that provides students the latest techniques in effective English language acquisition and prepares practical teaching strategies to adapt to any cultural environment.
consists of formal
instruction, practicum, and teaching hours.
Formal Instruction (57 hours)
During the TEFL Certificate program, students will focus on the following topics:
- Learn the basic concepts of how language is learned
- Learn current methodology and ways to assess students
- Learn techniques of English teaching
- Learn to plan and teach lessons
- Develop classroom management skills
and Teaching Hours (63)
TEFL students will be responsible for the following under a coordinator's supervision:
- Active observation of ESL
classes in various proficiency levels and subjects (54)
- Teaching ESL students in pairs
and individually (9hours)
- Associate's degree from an accredited U.S. institution or higher; please present a copy of your transcript when applying.
- International students must demonstrate a high level of English Language proficiency and/or provide a score of 80 or higher on iB-TOEFL, 550 on PB TOEFL, or 6.5 on IELTS.
Spring 2018: January 24-February 15
Summer 2018: May 16-June 7
Fall 2018: September 19-October 11
of North Florida
14E, Room 1710
$1,295 Click here to make a payment
Books $ 50
your seat, please contact Michelle Artiga at (904) 620-4281 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.