Temporary Building Permit Instructions
Florida building code regulates temporary buildings. Usually temporary buildings are tents. Tents that meet or exceed 120 square feet are required to be permitted.
- Only structures greater than or equal to 120 square feet need to be permitted.
- Provide copy of site plan showing the location of the structure with relation to permanent structure.
- Temporary building must be at least 25' away from any permanent structure.
- Provide occupant load for the temporary structure.
- Floor plan of the temporary building with exits, fire extinguishers, and paths of egress clearly marked.