Environmental Center Leadership Program
What is the Environmental Center Leadership Program (ECLP)?
Do you want to go to graduate school? Are you passionate about the environment? Do you consider yourself a leader or want to be a leader? If you answered yes to any of those questions, this program is for you! The ECLP is a program that offers a robust, multi-disciplinary, community-based immersion program designed to create the next generation of environmental leaders. The
Environmental Center Leadership Program selects an elite group of students to
receive a scholarship each year. These merit-based students are selected from
all five UNF colleges.
- Targeted to all undergraduate students, from all colleges and any major, who are passionate about cultivating a more just, sustainable, and healthy environment.
- Enhances students' undergraduate experience through professional and academic skill development, leadership training, and networking opportunity.
- Empower and connect future environmental leaders through project-based partnership with environmental organizations in NE Florida.
What are some of the Benefits to You?
- Award $1,500 scholarship ($750 awarded in Fall 2020; $750 awarded in Spring 2021)
- Develop professional and leadership skills such as needs assessment, program planning, advocacy, budgeting, grant-writing, program implementation, program evaluation, interpersonal skills, outreach and communication, and valuable leadership training development.
- Preparation for employment and/or graduate school through applied work in community and expanded professional networking.
Upon completion of your project, you will have the opportunity present your project and you will be awarded a green cord to wear at graduation
Fall 2020: Leadership/Professional/Academic Training
- Complete Intro to Leadership LDR3003 course (if not already taken) with a final course grade of 3.0 or higher
- Attend a minimum of five (5) on-campus professional/academic workshops
- Attend mandatory ECLP Community Partner event and partner with organization
- Develop project plan and timeline with community partner
Spring 2021: Project Implementation
- Commitment of 100 hours (Jan-April) to project implementation
- Submit proposal to present project at SOARS conference (April 2021) by due date and present project.
- Attend ECLP celebration-community partner event in April 2021
- Must be in good academic standing in accordance with the University's policies
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and maintain minimum GPA throughout scholarship period
- Must be enrolled a minimum of 12 credit hours as a degree-seeking undergraduate student throughout scholarship period
- Successfully complete all program expectations
- Comply with all University regulations, rules, codes of conduct governing students on campus
- Consent to release grades to the Division of University Development and Alumni Engagement for the purpose of reporting to the donor
- Remain in good standing as a student
On-line applications are now being accepted. Applications are due no later than 11:59 p.m., Friday, February 28, 2020. To complete the application, you will need to upload a current resume and an unofficial UNF transcript (or degree evaluation), list one professional or academic reference, and be prepared to write a short statement of interest. Applicants will be notified by UNF email prior to Fall 2020 registration in April. Awardees will sign agreement form with detailed expectations. The ECLP program will start Fall 2020.
Leadership Program Application
Program Funding Sources
In 2015, we launched the pilot program through the generous donation of The Cummer Family Foundation. The Cummer Family Foundation support has continued, and in 2016, we established a philanthropic relationship with The Felburn Foundation, who also currently supports the ECLP. To ensure the longevity of the ECLP, we are continuing to expand our donor base, apply for grants, and obtain sponsors from organizations and individuals. For more information about how you can support the ECLP, please contact Kathleen Leone - Director of Development, Special and Major Gifts - (904) 620-1838 - email@example.com