UNF-KAO Honors Society
About Kappa Alpha Omicron (KAO)
The Kappa Alpha Omicron (KAO) at the University of North Florida Kappa is an honors society associated with the Interdisciplinary Environmental Association. The UNF-KAO Honors Society is the perfect honor society for students interested in environmental sciences and studies. The chapter provides students an opportunity to network with students an academic and professional interest in the environment, as well as provide an international network in the growing field of interdisciplinary environmental sciences.
Interested in Joining the UNF-KAO Honors Society?
The UNF-KAO Honors Society is just getting started and the Environmental Center is looking for dedicated students to help start the chapter! The Environmental Center will be hosting two interest meetings via Zoom for students interested in joining the UNF-KAO Honors Society. If you are interested in becoming a founding member of the UNF-KAO Honors Society, please register using the link below.
Benefits of Joining Kappa Alpha Omicron
- Student membership in the Interdisciplinary Environmental Association (IEA)
- One-year subscription to the journal Interdisciplinary Environmental Review (KAO members may continue their journal subscription for $40)
- Publication opportunity for undergrad and graduate research
- Cords and pins of accreditation
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
- Professional networking opportunities
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Maintain membership dues:
- First year $50 ($40 KAO dues, $10 UNF dues)
- After the first year, dues are $10 annually and are used by 100% for by the UNF-KAO Honor Society
- Participation requirements:
- Attend at least one general meeting each semester
- Attend at least one social/activity each semester
- Complete at least five hours of service each semester
UNF-KAO Honors Society Website