Pre[serve] Submission Guidelines
Submissions are now being accepted for the 2020 Pre[serve] Art Exhibition! Student and alumni artists are invited to visually explore and investigate the flora, fauna and varied landscapes within the Sawmill Slough Preserve and create works inspired by the experience. We are especially interested in works that bear witness to the Preserve's natural beauty and capture the magic of this magnificent environment. The exhibition will share the artists' personal experiences within the Preserve, while also inspiring others to connect with this natural environment.
Selected works will be displayed in an exhibition at the Lufrano Intercultural Gallery. In addition, digital copies of the works will be archived in the UNF Digital Commons and displayed on an interactive map that will create an evidentiary trail of the "point of inspiration" for each work.
Participants must be a current UNF student or alumni.
$1,000 in cash awards are available (current UNF staff are not eligible for cash awards)
Awards will be announced at the opening reception, which will be held Thursday, March 26 from 5-7 p.m.
Works must be submitted by Sunday, March 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
All works submitted for consideration should be ready for display.
Artists will be notified of decisions no later than Friday, March 6 at 5 p.m.
- All media welcome
- No more than three pieces may be submitted for consideration (the submission form must be completed for each piece)
- Works submitted for consideration must be in the JPEG format, 72dpi (Image size 1024 on longest side)
- Label images with last name_ first name 1.jpg (ex: Doe_John1.jpg)
- The submission file must be labeled Last name_ first name, and include a description of the technique, size and year
- Submission must include GPS coordinates in decimal degrees of the "point of inspiration" within the Preserve. For example, Jacksonville's coordinates are 30.3322° N, 81.6557° W.
- Accepted works must be delivered to the Lufrano Intercultural Gallery on either Wednesday, March 11 or Thursday, March 12 between 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Works not delivered on time will be refused and not displayed in the exhibition. Please contact James Taylor prior the deadline if you need to make alternative arrangements.
- Artwork must be ready to be hung with the artist's name on the back of the work.
- All 3D entries should have specific installation guidelines and be accompanied by appropriate hardware and/or furniture.
- Students must collect works from the Lufrano Intercultural Gallery during the week of April 27 between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. All works must be collected no later than Thursday, April 30 by 4 p.m.
How to Submit
Submissions will only be accepted online via the Pre[serve] Art Exhibition group on Canvas. If you do not have access to Canvas, contact James Taylor for access.
Join the Canvas Group