Petitioning to Waive SOLO Requirement
You may use the "Request for Waiver of SOLO Requirement" form to petition to be exempt from the Student Online Learning Orientation (SOLO) requirement if there are significant circumstances which make this requirement unnecessary. Documentation of the circumstances must be attached to all petitions.
Exceptional circumstances may include, but are not limited to:
- Completion of a fully-online degree program from a regionally accredited institution of higher ed.
- Employment as a teacher of online courses at a regionally accredited institution of higher ed.
- Employment as a developer of online courses at a regionally accredited institution of higher ed.
All petitions must be supported by supplemental documentation of exceptional circumstances.
- Complete the online form with your full name, UNF ID and email.
- Complete the section where you state your reason why an exception should be made and indicate the type of documentation you will submit.
- Submit the completed online form.
- Submit your supplemental documentation from your UNF email account to firstname.lastname@example.org . Documents submitted from other than an official UNF email account will not be considered.
- You will receive notification of the outcome via e-mail.
- Successful completion of distance learning courses is not a sufficient circumstance for exemption from the requirement.
- Reviewers may request further information or an explanation of the applicable circumstances. Insufficient documentation will delay processing and a final decision.
- The AVP for Academic Technology has final approval/disapproval authority.
Indicates the student successfully petitioned to be exempt from the SOLO requirement. An exemption score will be entered in the student's official 'DL Orientation' Test Score, resulting in a 5 year exemption from this requirement.
Waiver/Exemption Not Approved
Indicates a student did not successfully petition to be exempted from the SOLO requirement. The student is required to complete the Student Online Learning Orientation prior to taking a distance learning course at UNF.
Questions? Email email@example.com