2012-2017 Strategic Plan for
During the 2011-2012 academic year, the Distance Learning Committee (DLC) at UNF began leading the effort to develop a comprehensive strategic plan for Distance Learning (DL). In the spring of 2011, the DLC held a planning retreat to begin the development of this plan to address overall goals as well as priorities relative to DL and operational guidelines for implementation and oversight. As drafts were developed, they were shared with all faculty through college-based distributions by college representatives, open town hall style forums, and through an all-faculty survey. Feedback from each round of reviews was examined by the DLC and revisions were made to the plan. At the September 2012 meeting of the DLC, the 2012-2017 DL Strategic Plan was finalized and unanimously approved.
Distance Learning Committee (DLC) @ UNF
The primary aim of the Distance Learning Committee (DLC) of the University of North Florida is to support the development of distance learning that meets the needs of our students in a manner that is consistent with the University’s mission. In so doing, distance learning at UNF will employ the best pedagogical practices based on the existing research literature.
To accomplish its primary aim, the DLC performs the following functions:
- Develop policies, procedures, staffing, and infrastructure recommendations that are consistent with, and that will advance the purpose stated above.
- Facilitate, promote, and advocate for high quality distance learning (DL) at the University.
- Identify and recommend best pedagogical distance learning practices.
- Review and coordinate all information technology requirements and related services in support of distance learning at the University.
- Assess all current and proposed course management systems employed to support and enhance instructional efforts.
- Provide advisory support to all University DL initiatives.
- Exercise liaison with the University Technology Committee (UTC) through membership of DLC chair on the UTC.
- Provide oral and written assessments and recommendations to the Office of Academic Affairs via the Assistant Vice President of Academic Technology.
The Florida Board of Governors also has a
strategic plan for online education through 2025. Information about the
Board’s plan can be found here.
For more information about the DLC, including its membership, please visit the DLC page.